Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Don't Just Sit There!

This post is a blatant borrow from another website (which gives full permission to use the following infographic) that was shared by my friend Cody on Facebook. I've been thinking about the subject of sitting a lot lately as I realized I'm in a seated position almost all day, so these stats are particularly pertinent to me.  I try to remember to get up once an hour and walk around a little, but I'm not always the best at getting off of my butt.  As I've started increasing my physical activity levels, I notice that my body actually feels great when we finish up playing, but that after sitting for a couple of hours afterwards, I can barely get out of my chair because my lower back and knees don't seem to want to cooperate.  Anyway, this is my cop-out blog post for today because I found these stats to be absolutely terrifying and realize that the way I go about my job may be inadvertently log-jamming my weight loss success and most likely shaving years off of my life.   I guess I need to not just sit here and should probably look into busting a move.  Enjoy!

Sitting is Killing You
Via: Medical Billing And Coding


Sitting on the dock of the dead,

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment